Owner and Principal, Stephanie Engel, has been featured in a recent article by Real Estate Bees. The article is a report of a survey conducted over more than 2000 professional U.S. home stagers to estimate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the industry.
Stephanie provided her expert opinion on the situation by answering the question “What are the specific negative impacts the pandemic is having on home stagers?”
The article titled Impact of COVID-19 on the U.S. Home Stagers also features comments of other experienced home staging professionals on the following aspects of the pandemic’s impact on home stagers’ businesses:
- Unexpected opportunities opened by the pandemic
- Adjustment of the marketing budget and strategy
- Working from home
- Protecting the business in case a similar situation occurs next time.
A few highlights from the survey:
- Most participants (53.7%) have estimated the negative impact of the pandemic on their businesses as “moderate” rather than “considerable” (32.9%) and “none” (13.4%).
- Most participants (73.9%) have seen unexpected opportunities opened by the pandemic.
- Most participants (54.2%) haven’t made any adjustments to their marketing budget.
- Most participants (51%) transferred their business to a “work from home” basis partially as opposed to 16.3% who have transferred it entirely and 32.7% who haven’t transferred it at all.
- Most participants (66.7%) have seen certain benefits in transferring their business to a “work from home” basis. And the majority (72.7%) haven’t noticed any drawbacks in doing this.
This survey is part of a larger research conducted over multiple types of real estate professionals such as realtors, investors, home inspectors, and more.
To learn more about home staging COVID-19 safety guidelines specific Spaces Reinvented has implemented, visit this page.